Treatments – just click on the treatment you are interested in for its description
- Initial consultation and treatment - £90
- Follow-up treatments - £60/session
- Under 18's - £40/treatment
I will first take a full case history regarding your general health background as well as details of your symptoms. This will help in assessing and analysing your particular problem. I will then thoroughly examine all the joints in your body, literally from head to toe, using only my hands and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary.
I will use one of a number of light, swift and dextrous techniques unique to the McTimoney method, to adjust the bone.
If I discover or suspect a problem which requires further medical investigation or an x-ray, I will refer you to your GP. Wherever possible, I will work in co-operation with your GP and a letter is normally sent to your doctor informing them of your diagnosis and treatment.
The number of follow-up sessions needed varies considerably depending on:
- your age – you generally heal more slowly as you get older
- the nature of the problem – a simple backache will often heal more quickly than a sciatic problem
- how long you have had the problem – generally, yesterday’s injury will resolve faster than one of twenty years’ standing
Most patients need between two and ten sessions, initially at weekly intervals, then gradually more widely spaced out, by which time, a noticeable change should have occurred, though treatment can continue longer.
Once the problem has been resolved, regular check-ups are recommended to keep your spine and other joints functioning well.
Treatment provided for under 18’s is discounted. However, the standard of treatment is every bit as high as for adults and is specially tailored to meet the needs of the young and of a developing body.
Please contact me to discuss your childs condition.